The music content of advertising in Australia is the main topic. However, an overview of the structure of the advertising industry would be useful.
Specific topics for the study of music content to be tackled alone or together include:
- TV advertising
- Radio advertising
- Online advertising
- Mobile phone advertising
Contributions are invited. Meanwhile, here are some website references to the Australian advertising industry:
- Overview of the Advertising Industry in Australia is a joint publication by the Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) and the Australian Federation of Advertisers (AFA)1
- AANA is the peak advertising industry body representing the rights and responsibilities of Australia’s major advertisers and their industry partners.
- AFA is the peak body representing companies in advertising and marketing communications to industry, government, media and the public.
- The Media Federation of Australia (MFA) was formed in 1997 with an objective of supporting those Agencies that specialised in media services (media research, strategic planning, media negotiation and placement). Today the MFA has a total membership base of 19 Media Agencies who are collectively responsible for over 72% of media billings in Australia.
- The Australian Interactive Media Industry Association (AIMIA) is the peak body representing the Interactive Media and Digital Content industry. In October 2005, the six major Australian online publishers (Fairfax Digital, Google, News Interactive, ninemsn, Sensis, and Yahoo!) together with AIMIA announced the formation of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Australia.2
Hans Hoegh-Guldberg. Last updated 20 April 2007.